The Box Moor Trust organises activities for their maximum educational value and our staff will support your class in a supervisory role. The senior teacher from your school will be in charge of the class and be responsible for discipline throughout the day. However, the Box Moor Trust staff reserve the right to exclude pupils who display dangerous or disruptive behaviour. School staff will be in sole charge at lunchtime.
To maintain our beautiful site and in the interests of safety and the plants and animals that live here, we place a strong emphasis on respecting the environment. We very much appreciate your support with this and ask that the following issues are discussed prior to your visit.
When you are on the Box Moor Trust lands, we ask that you:
- Respect the lands, plants and animals of the Box Moor Trust.
- Listen to and obey the health and safety instructions you are given. These are important as this is not a school or your usual meeting place and you will come across unusual hazards.
- Treat Box Moor Trust staff, teachers, leaders and other visitors with respect.
- Listen to the instructions and teaching you receive.
- If you move anything, including a living creature, return it to the place where it was found.
- Respect the equipment provided and the working environment.
- Keep the Countryside Code.
- Remember that you are representing not just yourself but your school or group.
In return, the Box Moor Trust aims to respect your contribution to the day, to provide a safe and exciting environment for learning and to treat you fairly. We will make clear our expectations of good behaviour at all times and provide challenging and appropriate work.
"I enjoyed coming here because you learn lots and you get to do things you have never done." - Adam, aged 7