These years saw the expansion of the Trust Estate when, for the first time since 1594, substantial new lands were added. These were Sheethanger and Roughdown Commons, first leased and later purchased for the benefit of the local inhabitants.
The Boxmoor Act of 1809 formally established the Boxmoor Trust as it is known today. Twelve Trustees were to be elected to hold the grazing land on behalf of the communities of Hemel Hempstead and Bovingdon, it having been legally conveyed by the remaining inheritors of the original feoffees.
Although the protection of the grazing rights was its main function, it now had the assistance of a paid Herdsman for the first time. It also had the duty of distributing any surplus income by way of vestry meetings.
This era saw the coming of the railway, the Trust iron fences and the iron plaques - all indicative of the age of iron. The Cranstone Family was prominent in the community, its iron foundry increasing the town's wealth. Joseph Cranstone played his part as a Trustee, epitomising the patriarchal approach of the Victorian Age.
The Town and the Trust grew together with the Trust financing such public buildings as Boxmoor Hall and the Old Town Hall, now both Arts Centres, the workhouse and public amenities such as drinking water fountains.
The balance between the Trust and civic authorities altered in 1894 with the establishment of Parish Councils, Parish Meetings and Urban and Rural Districts.