Notice of consultation
The Box Moor Trust would like to give advance notice of a forthcoming consultation. The consultation is based on an anticipated application to be made to the National Planning Inspectorate on a proposed exchange of common land in Hemel Hempstead. This will be open to:
- All residents of Hemel Hempstead and Bovingdon.
- All charities, sports clubs, local authorities and other organisations with an interest in the activities of the Box Moor Trust.
- National organisations with an interest in common land and rights of way.
This consultation concerns a proposal that is vital to achieve sustainable income for the Trust, and another that is important for operational reasons and for increasing the Trust’s farming education capability.
The consultation will seek views on an application to exchange:
- One parcel of common land totalling 1.5 acres known as Two Waters East, in line with Dacorum Borough Council’s Two Waters Masterplan Guidance.
- Three small parcels of common land totalling 1.18 acres in Two Waters, to allow the Trust to begin environmental improvements for that area.
- One field totalling 11.35 acres of common land known as Box Hill behind the lambing barns at Snooks End house. This is for operational reasons and to enhance farming educational opportunities.
In return, exchange land known as Dellfield in the Trust’s Westbrook Hay Estate will be offered, totalling 16 acres.
The consultation is expected to start on or near 7th January and will extend until at least 17th February. Responses will primarily be online; however paper copies will be made available for those who cannot get online.
Full details are being prepared which includes a map and a set of questions and answers. A questionnaire is being produced by an independent company. These will be available on the Box Moor Trust’s website and various locations in the week beginning 7th January. There will also be an open session at Apsley Scout Hut and at the Box Moor Trust Centre.
Further details will be printed in the public notices page of the Gazette on 9th January 2019.
Click on the images below for links to the Consultation leaflet, and a brief Question and Answer sheet.
Please attend our open sessions:
Box Moor Trust Centre from 10am – 4pm on 9th, 10th & 11th January 2019.
Apsley Scout Hut from 1pm – 5.30pm on Thursday 10th January 2019Views: 0