Consultation deadline approaching
The deadline for the responses to the proposed Deregistration and Exchange of Common Land is fast approaching; the deadline is Sunday 17th February. If you have not yet done so, please complete the questionnaire – every response matters! You can find more information about the proposals below along with instructions as to how to complete the questionnaire.
This consultation starts on 7th January and ends on 17th February. It is based on an anticipated application to be made to the National Planning Inspectorate on a proposed exchange of common land in Hemel Hempstead. This is open to:
- All residents of Hemel Hempstead and Bovingdon.
- All charities, sports clubs, local authorities and other organisations with an interest in the activities of the Box Moor Trust.
- National organisations with an interest in common land and rights of way.
This consultation concerns a proposal that is vital to achieve sustainable income for the Trust, and another that is important for operational reasons and for increasing the Trust’s farming education capability.
The consultation will seek views on an application to exchange:
- One parcel of common land totalling 1.5 acres known as Two Waters East, in line with Dacorum Borough Council’s Two Waters Masterplan Guidance.
- Three small parcels of common land totalling 1.18 acres in Two Waters, to allow the Trust to begin environmental improvements for that area.
- One field totalling 11.35 acres of common land known as Box Hill behind the lambing barns at Snooks End house. This is for operational reasons and to enhance farming educational opportunities.
In return, exchange land known as Dellfield in the Trust’s Westbrook Hay Estate will be offered, totalling 16 acres.
If you would like further information, or to talk to a Box Moor Trustee about the proposals, please attend one of our upcoming consultation open days at the Box Moor Trust Centre on the 9th, 10th and 11th January between the hours of 10am – 4pm. There is also an open afternoon being held at the Apsley Scout Hut on Thursday 10th January between the hours of 1pm – 5.30pm